New releases of our commonly used Smallworld PNI add-ons: Optical Network Atlas (ONA), Physical Route Manager (PRM) and CableTV Design (CaTV-D) come with a number of enhancements and Smallworld 5.1.3 compatibility. Below you’ll find overview of the new features.
Physical Route Manager
PRM allows grouping any number of physical resources into an easily accessible and manageable entity called “Route”. Routes facilitate modelling utilization of physical resources for data transmission services and fiber/pairs lease.
- You can now plan PRM route over wavelengths without optical devices. New version enables to reserve desired optical channels even if optical devices are not created yet or the network modelling process is simplified (i.e. without RME Transmitters/Receivers)
- Wavelengths are now maintained and populated on the fly – when the route is being constructed PRM tries to maintain WDM channels over the route, including routing through optical devices. What’s more, channels are displayed in real-time, not only when the issue status is switched
- New PRM version provides means to change wavelengths for elements – user is now able to change planned WDM channel easily without removing PRM elements from the route
- We’ve added possibility to exchange fibers in optical cables PRM is routed over
- Performance improvements in PRM data tab were introduced
- New release includes also additional minor improvements, like automatic marking of route ends
Optical Network Atlas
ONA extends standard functionalities of Smallworld Physical Network Inventory with automatic generation of schemes for optical routes. The tool enables to present generated fiber schemes in various ways (on-screen within Smallworld application, as printed documentation or in PDF files).
- New version provides means to present cables connected directly within HUB/building on ODF schematic (not connected to RME Ports)
- We’ve added PON devices support on ONA schematics (with PRM-PON modules)
- Splice scheme visualization currently includes planned works
- ODF scheme visualization for Optical Splitters and WDM devices was added
- We’ve also done minor performance improvements
CaTV-D module provides means to design CableTV/HFC network within Smallworld PNI. The user is presented with RF signal strength, distortion and noise levels as well as powering status at any point of the network.
- We’ve added a transformer object (its parameters are included in RF calculations)
- New version includes handling NID levels and support for NID data block
- It’s now possible to define allowed deviation for Power Supply Spec
- Support for Power Ports (for Optical Node and Amplifier specification objects) was added
- Amplifiers have now new parameter: Power Factor. Amplifiers can be also determined by new tab – Gain Levels which provides means to define gain for different frequencies and ports
- We’ve also done some minor improvements