Photo: Sculpture by Igor Mitoraj, Pompeii.
As every year, Globema exhibited at the International Software Summit, held by GE Grid Solutions in Sorrento, Italy. The event was a great opportunity to meet customers and partners, to share best practices with industry colleagues and to access the latest product announcements, roadmaps and technical demonstrations. All in the surroundings of ancient relics of Pompeii and next to the Mount Vesuvius.
Day 1 – Partner Award Dinner and the Tournament
The first day of the event was mainly for internal integration. Firstly, a tennis (played in doubles) and table tennis tournaments were hosted. Congratulations to the winners from Multisoft and GE! We are also happy to announce that a combined team of Globema & MagikMinds from India finished as a runner up.
Later in the evening Partner Award Dinner was held at the Sorrento Restaurant.
Day 2 – Plenary Session and Exhibition Opening
On the second day of the Summit there was the Plenary Session with intro by Paul Barron and with presentations by Karim El Naggar, Torgeir Waterhouse and Damien Wall. Plenary Session was followed by the Exhibition Opening Reception with Christian Olivier’s presentation and later with Q&A Session.
Day 3 – Smallworld 5.0 and Enchanted Forrest party
The second day of the Summit was packed with technical presentations conducted during four technical track sessions: Technology & Interoperability Session, Telco & Mobility Session and two Utility & Mobility Sessions. Of course our team couldn’t miss the opportunity to contribute to the Summit agenda – Dariusz Olszewski from Globema had two presentations about Smallworld 5.0 upgrade experiences. At the Technology & Interoperability Session Dariusz focused on migration of various application to Smallworld 5.0. The second presentation (Telco & Mobility Session) concerned migration of LNI and PNI add-ons.
Other topics of presentations conducted during Day 3 included:
- The grid isn’t smart until you find an efficient way to analyse its vast amounts of data
- The Journey to ‘Green’ Energy
- Understand how GE’s solutions can improve the return on investment for your fibre deployments
- Putting Mobile First: Strategies for Creating a Mobile-Centric Operational Model in Utilities
- Asset Performance Management in Transmission and Distribution
- Using industry standards to align OSS architectures to business goals
- Real smart grid: advanced operation and exploitation of LV networks
- GE’s Mobile Enterprise Suite
The day ended with an “Enchanted Forrest” theme party, celebrating 20th year of annual Smallworld events.
Day 4 – Last round of technical presentations
The last day of the event was also full of technical presentations. The topics included:
- The role of Field Force Automation Telecoms should consider when implementing a fiber roll-out program
- From favorites to self-posting designs: Possibilities of automation in Smallworld PNI
- Efficient broadband network design using FiberPlanIT and Smallworld in the context of Australia’s nbn
- Streamlining asset management processes with integrated work management
- Integrated Approach for Delivering Customer Value through Technology
Globema Booth – lucky #8
Globema exhibited at Booth#8. Our team conducted live demos of add-ons to Smallworld Physical Network Inventory and Smallworld Logical Network Inventory as well as shared experiences from various implementations of Smallworld Network Inventory, Field Force Automation, FME and Google Maps.
Thanks for the great event and for joining us at our Booth. We are looking forward to the next years’ Summit!