Part of the Smallworld Network Inventory portfolio, Physical Network Inventory (PNI) offers a complete and accurate representation of the physical network, from the switch to the customer. By integrating inside and outside plant data into a single, consolidated database, Physical Network Inventory provides an end-to-end network view that allows the network model to be manipulated and visualized at any level.
PNI supports your network from the core transmission network to copper and fiber customer access networks. The product’s modular structure and flexibility enables it to support a variety of telecommunications service providers, such as traditional local exchange carriers, new competitive providers deploying FTTH, inter-exchange carriers and cable TV operators. PNI is built upon a powerful spatially enabled database that provides a complete suite of tools to manage business critical network information.
- A data-driven equipment catalogue
- Support for work order management and generation of bills of materials
- Support for the design and documentation of both underground and overhead structures
- Effective management of the capacity of various aspects of the network, such as ducts, conduits, floor and rack space
- Generation of a range of schematic representations of the network
- Secure efficient network
- Up to 20% reduction in new build costs due to better utilization of network resources
- Up to 50% savings in provisioning time through automating previously manual processes for physical path assignment
- Up to 30% reduction in planning time through accurate integrated physical and logical inventory
- Up to 40% productivity improvements in network design through process automation
- Up to 15% workforce productivity improvements through streamlined as-built update processes