How does LocDoc work?
LocDoc is an application that automatically categorizes different papers, maps, decisions, protocols, and similar documents. As a result of their content analysis, it sets their location and date. This way, the application creates a spatial document database. To achieve this in a short time, the categorization module is based on the machine learning tools which first “learn” analyzing documentation samples and then use an optimally tuned model to categorize documents for the organization.
The user gets an intuitive application for efficiently querying specific documents, finding them on the map, and viewing their content.
How does categorization work?
- Type (e.g. as-built map, internal scheme of a station, connection acceptance protocol, connection conditions)
- Date (e.g. of a protocol, administrative decision, conditions issuance)
- Location (e.g. postal code of an investment, plot registration number)
Dividing document types are specific to the industry or the organization itself. Currently, the Categorization Module in LocDoc supports 11 categories. They include, for example: connection conditions, maps, internal schemes, field sketches, coordinates tables, decisions, or protocols. These categories perfectly fit the energy industry but they can also be used in other network organizations, such as gas or heating companies. The AI/ML model included in the Categorization Module can be adjusted to the customer’s needs during the implementation.
LocDoc in the process of paper documents digitization
LocDoc is particularly useful in organizations that:
- Have as-built, investment, or paper project documentation about their infrastructure
- Use paper documentation related to periodical actions performed on the infrastructure
- Use information coming from hard-to-reach paper documents in different business processes
- Want to provide their employees with convenient access to complete and up-to-date knowledge about geographically dispersed assets and infrastructure.
LocDoc is a fast first step to full digitization and building a GIS database.
What will you get from the precise categorization of your archives?
Easy access to the documentation for the whole company – increased efficiency in key business processes
Safety and lowered costs of building and maintaining documentation archives
Ease of use – LocDoc is available as a cloud service
Option to visualize documents on the map in the context of network objects