Smallworld in Netia
Network Inventory System for years
Learn how for the last 20 years, Smallworld has been helping Netia develop their network, manage their infrastructure, and introduce cutting-edge services.
One of the largest Polish telecom operators. Provides TV services as well as mobile and stationary internet for private users, companies, and institutions. Has around 2000 employees in 70 cities around Poland.
What were Netia’s struggles before we began our partnership?
Managing and effectively using large amounts of data and vast network architecture:
active and passive
fiber optic and copper
Access to accurate, quality data
Time-consuming processes and lack of the right tools
How we helped Netia overcome their challenges with the Smallworld system
We organized the data
- standardized and available from any location. Elimination of the need for using paper documentation.
- easy and instant access to the up-to-date information about the network, resource utilization, and leased fixed assets’ location.
- all spatial data geocoded
- data correlation from different sources enabling valuable analyses.
We automated the processes and made the tools work in a consistent way
- service feasibility check
- preliminary cost calculations of connecting new B2B customers
- locating network outages
- identifying services affected by the outage
- tools supporting service provisioning and network maintenance
- network design mechanisms utilizing existing and planned network infrastructure
We delivered integrations with other systems
- automated the process of service feasibility check
- automated the service sales process
- automated the service activation process for radio systems as well as fixed copper and fiber networks
- Providing much easier management of fixed assets
- support for investment and network deployment processes
Benefits of Smallworld implementation at Netia
- instant service feasibility check
- fast, automated preliminary cost calculations of connecting a new B2B customer
- identifying of services affected by the outage got shortened to several minutes
- all tasks related to checking the service availability can be completed in a few minutes
- investment cost optimization
- decreased cost of as-built data collection/inventory
- lowered outage repair costs
- elimination of the need for completing a quadrennial field survey inventory of the company’s fixed assets
Service quality improvement
- more accurate next-generation network planning and design
- preliminary network or service design can be done based on existing and planned infrastructure
- more effective sales campaign planning that takes the local conditions into account
Discover other success stories
Learn how Globema supported Exatel in deploying Smallworld Network Inventory Solution to address the telco operator’s challenges.
Learn how we standardized the network management at one of the largest energy distributors in Poland and organized data about 30 areas covering 11 thousand customers.