Are you trying to calculate the price for using Google Maps? Or maybe you are wondering how to reduce these costs? You’ve come to the right place! From our short guide, you will learn how the pricing works, how to get a higher discount and why cooperating with a Google Maps Partner is worth it.
- a unified platform, the same for all applications – Google Maps Platform
- monthly payments for the number of inquiries for individual API services
- monthly free limit of $200
- queries without a license key are no longer supported
- every inquiry is paid (basic price list)
The price list contains various price levels, defined by the volume of inquiries for individual websites. Whenever you decide to use your credit card as a payment method, you will be given access to the first two levels. As a Google Premier Partner, Globema can grant access to all 7 price levels. The price list is divided into 3 sections: Routes, Places, and Maps.
Each of the services (SKU) is counted separately with its individual price for 1000 inquiries.
When all necessary calculations are done and summed up, the $200 free limit provided by Google needs to be subtracted to obtain the final price.
I have one SKU – how should I calculate the cost?
Let’s take the Dynamic Maps service – for an example (for more information about the map types, read here). According to the price list, the cost of using Dynamic Maps for 1000 queries is $7:
- 20,000 views a month
20,000 * 7 $ / 1000 = $140
We fit in 28,000 views limit with $200 limit provided by Google. Total cost $0
- 90,000 views a month
90,000 * $7 / 1000 = $630
It puts us at the first price level. The real cost is $430 – decreased by
$ 200 of the monthly free limit.
- 250,000 views a month
100,000 * $7 / 1000 + 150,000 * $5.6 / 1000 = 700 + 840 = $1 540
We are located on the first two price levels. The total cost is $1 340
- 750,000 views a month
100,000 * $7 / 1000 + 650,000 * $5.6 / 1000 = 700 + 3640 = $4 340
The final price is calculated on the basis of 3 price levels, but you will only be charged the price of the second level. The real cost is $4 140 – if you pay by credit card. The price will be more affordable when you start cooperation with a Google Partner. You will have to spend only $3 990
I have more products – what should I do?
Let’s now take a closer look at the example of the price of three SKU products: Dynamic Maps (base price – 7 $ for 1000 impressions), Directions API (base price – 5 $ for 1000 queries) and Geocoding API (base price – 5 $ for 1000 queries):
- A monthly usage of 20,000 views per month for Dynamic maps is 20,000 * 7 $ / 1000 = 140 $
- 150000 inquiries for the Direction API cost 100,000 * 5 $ / 1000 + 50,000 * 4 $ / 1000 = 700 $
- 600,000 Geocoding API queries cost 100,000 * 5 $ / 1000 + 400,000 * 4 $ / 1000 + 100,000 * 4 $ / 1000 = 2500 $ (in this case we can enter the third level only in a cooperation with Google Partner and pay $ 2,400).
The total monthly cost is: 140 $ + 700 $ + 2,500 $ = 3,340 $. After taking into account the $ 200 free limit, the actual charge to the credit card is $ 3,140. Due to the fact that the number of queries to the Geocoding API service qualifies for the third price level, a good solution is to work with a Google Maps partner, i.e. Globema. This will result in lower monthly fees for the use of map services.
Cooperation with a partner – it benefits!
Cooperation with Globema as a Google partner brings many benefits:
- Flexible payments – quarterly or annual billing period
- Optimization tips and advice – we will suggest how to use Google Maps websites to pay less and use their full functionality
- Always up to date – you’ll be the first to learn about changes, news, and updates on the Google Maps Platform.
Does your current or planned use of Google Maps exceed 500 000 queries monthly? Be sure to contact us – we are here to help you reduce costs for Google Maps services.