Globema has won the tender for the supply and implementation of the Asset Management System at the Poznan branch of Polska Spolka Gazownictwa [PSG, gas distribution company]. The tender process lasted over a year and has attracted a total of 11 companies and consortia. The value of the contract, which has been recently signed, is over 1M EUR.
GIS solution in PSG
The implementation will cover 30 Gas Distribution Regions (PSG’s local entities) and the system will be used by 400 company’s employees. The project begun in September 2013 and will last for two years. The system will be built on an open source GIS platform and on GeoServer – Globema’s own toolkit already applied in some R&D projects in energy and district heating sectors.
The scope of implementation includes:
- Migration and inventory of PSG’s network data, including over 21 000 km of pipelines, over 335 000 of connection units and over 200 000 files and documents to be scanned
- Adaptation of the system functionality to PSG specifications and needs
- Integration with other IT systems used in PSG
- Installation and commissioning of the system in all departments and local units of the company
- Trainings and workshops for future users of the system and annual maintenance & support service.
About Polska Spolka Gazownictwa (Polish Gas Company) Poznan
PSG Poznan operates a network of pipelines in the north-western Poland and is the leader of the local gas distribution market. The company’s area of operations covers 394 municipalities. The company ownes over 21 000 km of the network and about 360 000 gas connections. It distributes more than 1,629 billions cubic meters of gas per year.