As in the previous years, Globema was an active participant of the 2015 Digital Energy Americas Software Summit, held by General Electric in Colorado Springs (Colorado, USA). The event was devoted to modernizing utility & telecom grids by implementing innovative IT solutions.
The conference agenda included track presentations, workshops, user exchanges, GE and partner booth demonstrations and many others. The sessions highlighted how GE & GE’s partners software solutions enable companies to save money, improve operations, leverage new technologies and improve customer service. It was also a good opportunity to listen to industry presentations, case studies, and product announcements.
Globema was one of the sponsors & exhibitors – at our booth we have showcased a variety of geospatial IT solutions and new software developed in our Software Development Centers. During many meetings and presentations our team presented Globema modules built on top of Smallworld Physical Network Inventory and Smallworld Logical Network Inventory:
- Optical Network Atlas – generating clear, functional and extensively printable schemes of optical networks
- Optical Path Scheme – automatic generation of schemes for optical routes
- Physical Route Manager – managing relations within fiber network with auto-routing of optical paths
- CATV Design – design and calculations of RF network
- Network Inventory Maintenance Support – reporting field changes in the network and updating network inventory data directly from mobile devices
- Mobile Data Collector-Telco – a stand-alone tool for stocktaking, verification, network inspections in Utilities & Telecoms
- Data Quality Tool for Smallworld PNI – verifying the quality and coherence of network and land base data
- Logical Browser – viewing logical network data through a web browser
- LNI Connector – data synchronization between Logical Network Inventory and NMS/EMS systems
- Radio Network Inventory – modeling / inventory of radio towers and wireless equipment
At the Telecommunications Track Radek Borecki from Globema presented a paper: “Managing Fixed Wireless Networks with Smallworld Radio Network Inventory”. Radek presented Radio Network Inventory (RNI) application which extends functionality of Smallworld PNI with enhanced modelling / inventory of radio towers and wireless equipment. RNI supports point-to-point connections as well as broadcast devices. The signal coverage of the given device is calculated automatically based on object attributes.
MORE ABOUT SMALLWORLD RNI Register for a Live Demo