Your company is growing? That’s great! An increasing number of customers is without a doubt a huge reason to be satisfied, proving the high quality of your services and products. Unfortunately, there’s also a less fun part of it. More clients mean more routine, repetitive paperwork and more employees involved the entire customer service cycle. Most of all, it takes a lot of time and effort of the sales and accounting departments. Billing at the end of the month is often one of the most dreading and busiest times for these teams. Is there a way you can make it easier?
Our team of experienced IT analysts has created a new solution based on the data integration platform – FME. It is a popular tool that allows to combine and process data from many different sources. How does it work exactly?
To test the capabilities of FME in the automation of preparing repetitive data, we took one of our teams under the loop. It currently serves over 120 clients, with an average growth of 5-7 new every month. Most of them are billed monthly, receiving service usage reports with their invoice. Each invoice may contain different administrative fees and payment terms. Some are processed in our branches in the Czech Republic and Romania.
Using the computing power of FME Server, we have changed the approach to invoicing our clients. From that moment the process is 80% automated, while before it required involvement and cooperation of sales and accounting departments.
How did the whole process work before?
5-6 work days
The following steps were based on a summary usage report of all customers:
- The usage report attached to the invoice had to be converted to the Excel format
- Reports then were generated for each client individually
- The invoice orders were completed in Excel (with necessary conversion).
- The invoice and attachments were reported to the accounting department via Microsoft SharePoint platform
- Finally, the invoice was uploaded into the SAP portal by the accounting department, based on the prepared documentation in a separate Excel spreadsheet
What was changed with FME?
Time reduction up to 2 work days
- The total usage report is now uploaded directly to FME Server
- After preparing the report, we receive a prepared file that can be loaded in SAP
- Simultaneously sales department receive individual reports for each customer and SAP contribution to issue purchase invoice
What else was improved?
- Sales department can focus more on ongoing customer service, increasing the sale value
- Risk of errors is minimized to 80%
- Faster onboarding of new members of your sales team, fewer procedures to learn
- Process automation does not require programming skills.
Do you want to implement a similar solution in your enterprise? Contact us – we’d be happy to advise you on how to use FME to optimize the invoicing process, automate your work and help you increase the efficiency of your team!