DH.GIS User Meeting 2019 took place on 23-24 October in Łódź, Poland. It was the second edition of industry meeting about solutions in the field of IT tools for district heat companies. Take a moment to read our summary of this event.
DH.GIS User Meeting 2019 in numbers:
What was the agenda of our meeting? Among other things, we talked about:
- New solutions for district heating,
- Support of business processes,
- Benefits of system integration,
- Acquisition and maintenance of data.
The main goal of this year’s meeting was sharing knowledge and experience. Our clients prepared 7 presentations about, among others:
- Benefits of the collision handling module, created for the customer
- GIS system as a data collection centre for network works
- Current GIS data on tablet and phone
- Outage management and seasonal switchings
- Access to up-to-date network data in the field
The field game was also highly appreciated. During the game it was possible to test the operation of the GeoTask system (integrated with EC.GIS), designed to plan and manage the work in the field. The participants carried out the assigned maintenance tasks on a fragment of a specially prepared network. They could see that, thanks to well designed user interface, the system could be used after only a dozen or so minutes of training.
The main objective of the field game was to show how GeoTask supports the operations performed on the district heating network. The participants performed operations such as:
- Analysis of the operation of the node
- Node inspection
- Seasonal switch-over
- Shutter switches
Thanks to this, the participants of the field game had the opportunity to test the functionality of the system from navigation, through reporting, to the operation of the module of unplanned tasks.