Prosumers of renewable energy are local energy producers or industrial operators that generate a portion or all of their on-site power needs with renewable energy technologies and sell the excess to the national/local grid or local community. This includes renewable energy sources for heating and cooling needs, as well as for electricity generation. Accelerating renewable energy deployment is a fact. Prosumer trends open clear win-wins by delivering on several related development priorities and financial returns simultaneously.
In response to prosumer energy trends, Globema developed an innovative mGrid system. Solution supports internal power grid (micro-grid) control and management and was designed mainly for owners and operators of microinstalations of renewable energy sources.
Visualize & control
mGrid users can visualize current demand, production and consumption of the energy from the network. This allows to determine status of individual devices and their impact on current balance of consumption and production of energy. Measurements taken in the electric grid are presented by separate energy sources and metered receivers.
Installation of measurement and control units in the electric grid allows to collect data showing current statuses of receivers and renewable energy sources. These modules also allow to control groups of receivers or separated main receivers. The application can also work according to a schedule composed by the system. This allows steering automation and precise execution of an optimal consumption & production plan.
Forecasting energy production from RES on the basis of sources characteristics, weather forecasts and energy demand predictions
Apart from the current situation view, the system also presents graphs of past and future energy demand and RES charts. Past status visualization is based on collected data. Future values are determined by the artificial intelligence algorithms which use historical data and weather forecasts. The future production and demand view allows to plan works which could affect consumption of generated energy. In this view the system presents a list of suggestions and thus streamlines scheduling of such plans.
Drawing optimal operational schedules for receivers
Renewable sources can be exploited fully through optimal steering and control of receivers which consume the energy. mGrid system supports such processes by laying out optimal work schedules which streamline consumption of generated energy and reduce costs of purchasing power from the network.
Conducting analyses with reports, production & energy consumption charts, costs of purchases and profits from the production of electricity from RES
The system has a report module which conducts energy and economic analysis. Characteristics of the consumption and production of electricity are presented in table or chart form. As a part of economic analysis, it is also possible to diagram costs and revenue. This module also allows to determine renewable energy consumption and return on investment in RES.
- Predicting energy production of photovoltaic panels and wind turbines on the basis of weather forecasts and equipment characteristics
- Forecasting energy demand of receivers which are not controlled by the system
- Laying optimal work schedules (by using the methods of artificial intelligence) of receivers for which operational time can be shifted
- Current status visualization and receivers control (enabling/disabling) by measuring and control units operating in WiFi network
- Generating reports and graphs of energy production & consumption
- Generating analysis of purchase costs and profits from the RES production.
- Faster return on investment in RES infrastructure thanks to usage optimization
- Control of energy purchase costs and profits from energy sales
- Support of decisions regarding the current use of devices, thanks to tips based on forecasted production and energy prices
- Obligation of constant control and necessity of manual steering of receivers become redundant thanks to measuring and control units.