Globema released the new version of GeoGrid – a web application used by energy & utility DSOs and telecommunication operators. Recent changes cover integration with the new Cloud technology. GeoGrid allows to visualize GIS data directly on Google Maps and Google Street View. The solution supports companies managing technical infrastructure in the field.
- Geometric model of the network infrastructure (linear, point and area objects, i.e. grids nodes, pylons, chambers, stations, buildings, plots of land, etc.)
- Access to alphanumeric attributes of network objects
- Attribute-based objects searching
- Objects location and searching based on address
- Route searching and navigation
- Network objects visualization in 3D directly on Google Street View and Google Earth
- Presentation of network objects on Google Maps data (road and transportation map, aerial imagery, hybrid photos)
- A complete view of network assets as a layer on Google maps
- Quick and easy access to infrastructure data in the field on any mobile device (all types of tablets and smartphones are supported)
- Fast access to technical documentation (PDF and other types of files can be attached to map objects)
GeoGrid allows decision-makers to access infrastructure data irrespectively of their current location and on any device. The application supports investment and modernization planning and can be used to perform advanced geospatial analysis.
- Field staff
GeoGrid application enables easy access on mobile devices to infrastructure data without the necessity of printing a map or documentation files. In case of emergency event on the network, employees can check the characteristics of field infrastructure and view the attached technical documentation. This feature also speeds up preventive actions, reduces the risk of network malfunctions and customers off-time.
- Sales and marketing departments
GeoGrid provides access to data via any web browser. The data is presented in a selectable, simplified form and is displayed as a layer on Google road map and/or aerial photos. This greatly facilitates handling new service requests from potential customers and evaluating and designing new network connections.GeoGrid in action UPC SLOVAKIA SELECTED GLOBEMA GEOGRID TO SUPPORT SALES