As in previous years, Globema participated in the 2014 Digital Energy Americas Software Summit, held by General Electric in Orlando, USA, on 10-14 February 2014.
The 2014 event in Orlando presented the software solutions for the electric, telecoms, gas and water industries. All participants had the chance to meet fellow customers, partners and GE staff to share firsthand experiences and success stories and to learn about the latest software developments and innovations across a full spectrum of software solutions.
The conference agenda included track presentations, workshops, user exchanges, GE and partner booth demonstrations, networking meals and receptions and an outdoor dinner party. The sessions highlighted how GE & GE’s partners software solutions enable companies to save money, improve operations, leverage new technologies and improve customer service.
Globema at the Technology Exhibition
Globema showcased a variety of geospatial solutions at the conference Technology Exhibition, including:
Smallworld Physical Network Inventory & PNI add-ons:
- Optical Network Atlas – Generating clear, functional and extensively printable schemes of optical networks
- Optical Path Scheme – Automatic generation of schemes for optical routes
- Physical Route Manager – Managing relations within fiber network with auto-routing of optical paths
- CATV Design – Design and calculations of RF network
- Network Inventory Maintenance Support – Reporting field changes in the network and updating network inventory data directly from mobile devices
- Mobile Data Collector-Telco – A stand-alone tool for stocktaking, verification, network inspections in Utilities & Telecoms
- Data Quality Tool for Smallworld PNI – Verifying the quality and coherence of network and land base data
- FTTx Maintenance & FTTH Navigator – Analyses, design and reconfiguration focused on specific needs of Passive Optical Network (PON)
- Radio Network Inventory – Modeling / inventory of radio towers and wireless equipment
Smallworld Logical Network Inventory & LNI add-ons
- Logical Browser – Viewing logical network data through a web browser
- LNI Connector – Data synchronization between Logical Network Inventory and NMS/EMS systems
Business solutions and integrations with Google Earth
- GeoGrid – Presenting and editing GIS data (network infrastructure in the field) directly on Google Maps and in Google Earth technology
- GeoEstate – Visualizing planned or completed investments on the map (for real estate industry)
- GeoMarketing – Integrating Google GEO tools with CRM, ERP and other company systems and presenting internal data for analyses and reports
PERN case study
Globema, on behalf of the long term customer – PERN (oil transmission enterprise), has also present a paper ‘Understanding the Benefits of Integrating a Comprehensive Smallworld solution based on Global Transmission Office and Physical Network Inventory with a Fiber Optic Monitoring System‘ at the Telecommunications Track.
Colorado Springs 2015
Next year, the GE Digital Energy Americas Software Summit will be held in Colorado Springs.